Citate:Constelaţii #1 Cioburi de stele

by 1.12.14 0 comentarii
Major, to what extent did you act upon your feelings for Miss LaRoux?"
"Medium."
"Excuse me?"
"How am I supposed to answer that question?” 
 (Interogatoriul lui Tarver)

“For a moment the image before us is frozen: our world, our lives, reduced to a handful broken stars half lost in uncharted space. Then it's gone, the view swallowed by the hyperspace winds streaming past, blue-green auroras wiping the after-images away."

“But she's here, she's mine. I'm hers.” 

“Where will I sit?”
 Sit? Why, on this comfortable chaise longue I’ve carried here for you in my pocket, Your Highness, so glad you asked. I clamp my mouth shut, struggling not to say it aloud.” 

“Lilac won’t talk to me again. There’s a tremor. Lilac won’t kiss me again. I won’t hear her laugh. My lungs constrict. Why am I doing this to myself ?” (Tarver)

“But who names a starship the Icarus? What kind of man possess that much hubris, that he dares it to fall?” 

“I could tell myself that I’m doing it because she’ll get back to her feet just to spite me—but the truth is, I really just want to piss her off. Keeping her moving is a bonus.” (Tarver)

“Now Miss LaRoux’s getting my ass kicked on the sparring mats as well. Is there any part of my life that girl can’t mess with?” 

“All of it—for this. Leading us to a door we can't open, a password we don't have.” 

“I reach for her hand and wind my fingers through hers, turning them so the rain patters down onto her palm. I trace a circle there with my thumb, smoothing the water in her skin. I want to show her there's nothing to be afraid of.” 

“Well,” I reply, using the calm tone I know gets under her skin. I wish I was noble enough not to enjoy it, but I came to terms with my lack of nobility long ago.” 

“Lilac Rose LaRoux. Untouchable. Toxic. I should've been named Ivy, or Foxglove, or Belladonna.” 

“You next saw her when the incident occurred?” “That’s correct.” “Did you try to figure out what was happening?” “You’re not military, you don’t understand how we work. I’m not supposed to ask questions. I was just following orders.” “What orders were those?” “We have a duty to protect civilians.” “So there wasn’t a specific order that drove your decision?”

“Now you’re nitpicking.” “We’re being exact, Major. We’d appreciate it if you tried to do the same.” 

“Abandon her? If only my duty or my conscience would let me. The galaxy would be better off, if you ask me. Who’d even know we were in the same pod? Except that I would know. And that would be enough.” 

"Or else I'm dead, and I've ended up in hell after all, and it's an escape pod with Lilac LaRoux.” 

“More rain. If there's any more ran than this, I think, we'll need gills. We could swim up to the sky and leave this place with no need to wait for a rescue ship.” 

“You don't mention death when it's hovering near someone you love.” 

“You're you,' he repeats, his eyes full of grief. 'You're the same girl who crashed on this planet with me, who I dragged through forests and over mountains, who climbed through a shipwreck full of bodies to save my life. You're the same girl I loved, and I love you now.” 

“She rolls over with a little protesting noise, reaching sleepily after me. Then she begins to register the raindrops as they connect with her skin, and she sits up with straight with a gasp. I'm busy sitting up too, because when you go to sleep wrapped around a pretty girl, there are some things going on first thing in the morning that you don't exactly want making headline news.” 

Unknown

Developer

Hi, I'm Biliana, the author of Wanderlust blog.Passionate about books,filmmaking and literature,I created this blog to share with you my favourite books, quotes and channels.Enjoy.

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu