Citate:Veronica Roth- Allegiant, Divergent #3

by 22.4.14 0 comentarii
“You don’t believe things because they make your life better, you believe them because they’re true.” 


“Can I be forgiven for all I've done to get here?

I want to be.
I can.
I believe it.” 


“Knowledge is power. Power to do evil...or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.” 


“Yeah, sometimes life really sucks," she says. "But you know what I'm holding on for?"

I raise my eyebrows.
She raises hers, too, mimicking me.
"The moments that don't suck," she says. "The trick is to notice them when they come around.” 


“Pride is what killed Al, and it is the flaw in every Dauntless heart. It is in mine.” 

“Sometimes I still forget to look for the gentler parts of her. For so long all I saw was the strength, standing out like the wiry muscles in her arms or the black ink marking her collarbone with flight.” 


“But that wasn´t the first time I ever saw her. I saw her in the hallways at school, and at my mother’s false funeral, and walking the sidewalks in the Abnegation sector. I saw her, but I didn’t see her; no one saw her the way she truly was until she jumped. 

I suppose a fire that burns that bright is not meant to last.” 

“His fingers slide into my hair, and I hold on to his arms to stay steady as we press together like two blades at a stalemate. He is stronger than anyone I know, and warmer than anyone else realizes; he is a secret that I have kept, and will keep for the rest of my life.” 

“You're not very nice," I say, grinning.
"You're one to talk."
"Hey, I could be nice if I tried."
"Hmm." He taps his chin. "Say something nice, then."
"You're very good-looking."

He smiles, his teeth a flash in this dark. "I like this 'nice' thing.” 

“There is a difference between admitting and confessing. Admitting involves softening, making excuses for things that cannot be excused; confessing just names the crimes at its full severity.” 

“I don't belong to Abnegation, or Dauntless, or even the Divergent. I don't belong to the Bureau or the experiment or the fringe. I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me-they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” 

“I don’t know how long it takes for me to realize that isn’t going to happen,
that she is gone. But when I do I feel all the strength go out of me, and I fall to my knees beside the table and I think I cry, then, or at least I want to, and everything inside me screams for just one more kiss, one more word, one more glance, one more.” 

“It reminds me that no embrace will ever feel the same again, because no one will ever be like her again, because she's gone. She's gone, and crying feels so useless, so stupid, but it's all I can do.” 

“People talk about the pain of grief, but I don't know what they mean. To me, grief is a devastating numbness, every sensation dulled.” 

“I have never had parents who set good examples, parents whose expectations were worth living up to, but she did. I can see them within her, the courage and the beauty they pressed into her like a handprint.” 

Unknown

Developer

Hi, I'm Biliana, the author of Wanderlust blog.Passionate about books,filmmaking and literature,I created this blog to share with you my favourite books, quotes and channels.Enjoy.

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu